My Mac is like my left lung, living without it is possible, but a little uncomfortable. I have a 15″ MacBook Pro (unibody), and love everything about it. I’ve set up an external screen at home and at the office, and drag my laptop with me everywhere I go.
I try grouping apps in a way that they make sense. Tools, management, communication and entertainment.
- Finder – To find mah stuff
- Safari – Best browser available
- Adobe Photoshop CS4 – Horrible piece of expensive software, but it does the job
- Espresso – Previously: TextMate and CSSEdit
- Mailplane – Can someone please build a native Gmail client?
- iCal – Otherwise I forget stuff
- Billings – For collecting mah bling
- NetNewsWire – RSS
- Skype – Mostly to stay in touch with clients
- Tweetie – Best Twitter-app
- iChat – To stay in touch with friends
- iTunes – I sing while I work
- iPhoto – Is suckiest at best for collecting my poor attempts at photography. It’s slow, buggy and looks like an unfinished app, but it does the job.
- LittleSnapper – Can’t imagine I ever lived without it, I throw everything in this little app
- Speed Download – To download legal available files. REALLY!
- Folder: Projects
- Folder: Downloads
A huge thanks to Tim for taking time out to take part in the Dock Series.
As usual if you would like to share your dock, just leave a comment with a brief description of your dock apps and a link to a screenshot of it. Or take to your blog and write up a description of your dock as several others have done.
Other Creatives in the Series:
With more amazing creatives lined up, make sure to check back every Tuesday for the latest Dock Series installment.