Freelancing can be both fulfilling and exciting however in the midst of an economic recession it can also be extremely tough.
So how can we increase leads, build credibility and establish ourselves in our chosen niche, all on a low budget? Step in blogging…
Beyond the few bucks to buy a domain name the only real cost is our time. It can add long-term value to your business and brand, help you re-position your business and provide you with the base to become an authority in your niche.
Read on for 37 resources to help you get started blogging, craft quality content and take your freelancing business to new levels.
Why Blogging Can Be Effective
- Why A Blog Is Important For Your Freelance Business
- How A Blog Can Kick Start Your Freelance Business
- Freelancers Heres Why You Need A Blog
- Why You Need A Freelance Blog
- Three Reasons Why Every Freelancer Should Blog
- Six Reasons Why Every Freelancer Should Have A Niche Blog
- How To Make Your Portfolio More Effective By Adding A Blog
- 5 Reasons Freelancers Need to Blog
- How To Build A Successful Blog – 16 Lessons
- What Makes for a Good Blog?
- The Anatomy Of A Blog
- Blogging for Leads: Put some bait on your hook!
- How To Build A Successful Blog
- The Secret To Building A Popular Blog
- Blogging Tips For Beginners
- Start Blogging â€“ Blogging Tips and Tricks
- Essential Requirements to Starting a Successful Blog
Improving Your Blog
- 32 Days To A Better Blog
- 5 Quick Ways to Improve Your Blog
- Six Impossible Things You Can Do To Improve Your Blog
- Twenty Usability Tips To Improve Your Blog
Focus On The Content
- 40 Ways to Deliver Killer Blog Content
- How to Write Great Blog Content
- 12 Essential Blogwriting Tips for Building a Successful Blog
- The Ultimate Blogger Writing Guide
In Need Of Inspiration?
- 111 Instant Blog Post Ideas
- 101 Great Posting Ideas That Will Make Your Blog Sizzle
- 52 Post Ideas to Help You Stay Inspired Throughout The Year
- 50 Blog Post Ideas for Business Blogging
- 9 Steps to Better Blog Post Ideas
- 3 Rules for Finding Great Post Ideas, and 15 Places to Look for Them
- How to Generate Post Ideas When You Are Stuck
- 10 Reasons Web Designers Should Blog
- The Benefits of Blogging as a Designer
- Top designers discuss why they blog
- Guide to Blogging for Freelance Designers
- 7 Reasons Why Designers Need to Blog
Personally I’ve been blogging for just over 6 months and in that time I have seen a steady rise in leads and enquiries into my freelance web design services. I’ve also been interviewed countless times, participated in numerous blog posts and even been featured in the San Francisco Examiner.
It’s been brilliant for increasing my personal brand reach but most importantly i’ve been able to connect with other bloggers and grow my network.
Keep in mind though Michael Martines words of wisdom:
“If you donâ€™t know how to write posts that turn readers into customers, you are wasting your time.â€
Blogging aimlessly is not advised but preparing a solid content plan, crafting well thought out and quality content and speaking directly to your target market can reap tremendous rewards.
Photo by Annie Mole