Yes, that picture is of me when I was a baby!
Last year I wrote an article (with lots of guest contributers), titled 5 Things You Didn’t Know About Me and it attracted over 100 comments and is still my most popular post to date. People loved the article because it asked others to get a little more personal and share some of their life and personality.
This year I wanted to take this concept a step further and let you into a little part of my life. I’ve compiled 50 funny, shocking and downright mad facts about myself that will hopefully inspire you to share something about yourself in the comments.
1. I’ve met two James Bonds – Sean Connery and Pierce Brosnan.
2. American politics fascinates me.
3. I wish I could DJ.
4. If I could ask God one question it would be “Why don’t you do something?”
5. The only movie that ever made me cry was 7 Pounds.
6. When I find a song I like, I’ll listen to it on repeat until I get sick of it.
7. My favorite book is No Logo by Naomi Kleine….that book changed my world.
8. I converted my family from PC to Apple.
9. My idol is my Father. He taught me so much more than he ever realised.
10. I love karaoke but I’m not a great singer.
11. I rarely drink alcohol….though I am partial to West Coast Cooler.
12. I’m a movie junkie and go to the cinema at least 3/4 times a month.
13. My ringtone is Daft Punk – Face to Face.
14. I love driving.
15. My favorite childhood toy was My Little Pony – though my brother thought it was funny to dye and cut their hair!
16. I’ve never broken any bones, though I did have 4 stitches in my ankle after I fell when I was 10.
17. My current desktop wallpaper is a picture of my dog Prada, who died suddenly just a few days ago.
18. I hate writing postcards.
19. My dream holiday would be to go skiing and snowboarding in the Alps
20. My iPod Touch goes everywhere with me.
21. I can never have enough hugs.
22. The Moomins were my favorite cartoon growing up.
23. I can’t stand manufactured Pop music.
24. My favorite music artist is Prince.
25. I hardly ever carry cash (I prefer to use a Debit Card).
26. My favorite junk food is Nice ‘N’ Spicy Nik Naks.
27. I love sneakers (especially BabySham & Converse) and have around 30 pairs.
28. My best ideas come before I fall asleep, that’s why I always keep a notebook by my bed.
29. The best gig I ever went to was Prince at the O2 arena in London….little guy….huge amount of talent.
30. I was captain of both the Netball and Hockey teams at school.
31. I drink a lot of milk, so much so my family regularly blames me when me run out!
32. I’m addicted to tea (but it has to be Punjana).
33. I’m not a ‘phone person’, so spend as little time on it as possible.
34. I secretly wish I spoke with a devon accent.
35. My claim to fame when I was a kid was meeting the cast of Gladiators.
36. I could never go on holiday just to lie on a beach.
37. I can’t listen to any songs that remind me of my Dad, especially Dire Straits, Paul Brady or Fleetwood Mac.
38. My favorite fictional character is Rorschach from Watchmen.
39. When I’m bored I have a tendency to buy books I never read.
40. I can watch “Father Ted” and “30 Rock” hundreds of times and still die laughing
41. I think Kathryn Janeway was the best Star Trek captain.
42. My brother and I were obsessed with NBA Basketball when we were kids and watched it every Saturday on TV.
43. If I never had to work again, I’d spend my time traveling the world with my trusty Canon 350D camera and kit.
44. I always order the same thing when I go to a Chinese Takeaway.
45. I hate gardening.
46. I won several competitions when I was younger for drawing and art.
47. Having a nephew has been a great excuse to play with Lego again!
48. I consider myself one of the few good women drivers!
49. My favorite video game of all time is Grand Theft Auto III.
50. Two charities I regularly support are Chest, Heart & Stroke and Epilepsy Action.
Now it’s your turn to share! Please leave a comment below with a few fun facts about yourself and let’s get to know each other a little better!